WT is looking for a new Technical Director
After nine years in the role, Ben Kellett is stepping down as WT’s Technical Director. He has made a sizeable and much appreciated contribution to life at WT, and the board wish to express their thanks to him for his tireless work over that time.
That means that we now have a vacancy for the role, and we are keen to find a willing volunteer to get involved with all things tech at WT. Ben is keen to stress that he is fully committed to helping whoever steps up to ‘bed in’ over the course of the next year.
As for what’s involved, the Technical Director’s main responsibilities include:
- Setting and maintaining WT’s technical standards.
- Agreeing overall production budgets with the Artistic Director.
- Liaising with show Directors, Production Managers the Operations Director to ensure technical staffing of shows.
- Advising as required on technical aspects of productions.
- Ensuring the proper equipping and running of the auditorium, stage and backstage areas.
- Managing the technical revenue budget covering routine replacement and replenishment of technical consumables.
The position works very closely with the Operations Director and will have the full support of the Board as they get to know the role.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a thriving community theatre and have an impact on our season of work, whether that’s someone brand new to WT, or an existing member become more involved with the running of the theatre.
If you’d like to know more about the role, or would be interested in perhaps applying, you can reach out to Ben Kellett at email@example.com, or Lloyd White, WT’s chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.